Friday, May 8, 2009

what's new

Danny's 4-month and Ryan's 15-month doctor check-ups were this week. Both boys had multiple shots so not exactly a calm visit. Luckily, I had my mother-in-law there to help keep the peace - and keep Ryan from investigating the biohazard trash. Naturally he can't just play with the basket of books when there's biohazard to be had.
Stats are in: Danny is tipping the scales at 18 pounds 10 ounces, keeping him in the 95th percentile. (Whoa!) Ryan continues to keep steady in the 75 percentile weighing in at 26 pounds 14 ounces.
This week Ryan discovered his ability to climb. Nothing is off limits to his newly found talent. Any babyproofing I thought I had accomplished is out the window. Speaking of window, Ryan climbs on the big window ledge too. Hey, why not? And yesterday while I'm changing Danny's diaper I start to hear the sound of a lampshade shaking (you know that distinctive sound, right?). In a millisecond my mind alerts me how that's no good since the lamp is atop an end table. Sure enough I turn my head to find Ryan standing proudly on top of the table playing with the lamp. My daily routine just got notably more interesting.
Danny is working hard on his rolling over skills. He's going to get it very soon. When he rolls to his side he wags his little arms in an effort to make a complete rollover.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As always, your blog comments leave me chuckling for the rest of the day :-) You really do need to write a book. But, before I lose my train of thought, which is very possible these days, I just wanted to alert you to more adventures that may be in your immediate future. We know a young lady, who will remain nameless, who just this spring at the tender age of two and a half, slipped into the car while her mother was changing clothes in preparation for a trip to school to pick up her brother. You have your hands full! We love the pictures and the accompanying dialogue, but, most especially, we just love being able to stay connected. God bless. We love you.
hugs & prayers, Aunt Pam & Uncle Tim